I want to share with you a few statistics about my real estate market. My market is Hall County, Georgia. We are about 40 minutes north east of downtown Atlanta. The population of Hall County is just over 200,000 people. Our real estate market has been booming here since the recession in 2009.
Here are a few facts from our market over the last 5 years.
- In 2015 there were 2,268 single family home sales.
- In 2020, there were 3,116 single family home sales. This was an increase of 37%.
- In 2015, there were 1,171 different agents or groups that sold property in Hall County.
- In 2020, there were 2,374 different agents or groups that sold property in Hall County. This is an increase of 103%. The number of agents closing at least one transaction in Hall County more than doubled in 5 years.
My real estate group, the Abernathy Cochran Group was the leader in either the number of real estate sales or the real estate sales volume in 2015 and in 2020. I took us out of the next equation and looked at the sales numbers for the top 20 agents in my market of Hall County in 2015 and in 2020. Here is what we found:
- The top 20 agents in 2015 averaged 37.1 real estate transactions.
- The top 20 agents in 2020 averaged 34.7 real estate transactions. This was a decline of 6.5%.
While the number of sales increased by 37% over these 5 years, the number of agents competing in this market increased by 103%. Everyone agrees that it is much harder now to compete as an agent in our market. However, my real estate group, with the same number of people in our group, increased our sales by 35% at the same time that the top 20 agents in our market averaged 6.5% fewer sales.
My group hosts and conducts the community project, The Faces of Hall County. We do so to give value to our community and to increase our visibility and connections within our community. We are the most visible and relevant Realtors in our market. That is the difference.